Specialist: Camouflage Application to Post Mortem Skin
This course is open to mortuary staff, embalmers and specialists working for funeral directors only.
Applications are vetted by the RLUH Pathology Team to ensure they meet with the strict acceptance criteria.
1 day seminar is held in a Liverpool Mortuary and is specifically designed to meet the needs of;
- Hospital Morticians
- Funeral Director’s specialist employees (discretionary)
- Pathology Technicians
Continuing Professional Development accreditation awarded by,
the Association of Anatomical Pathology Technology (8 credits)
Each trainee receives;
- camouflage crème mortuary palette and setting powders
- skin primer
- applicator kit
- relevant hand-out material
- BASC Post Mortem Skin Product Information Manual
Course content includes;
- psychological aspects when working with the bereaved in regard to skin camouflage application
- understanding changes to skin post mortem
- understanding colour and the colours in post mortem skin
- mixing and matching the products to mimic natural skin colour
- application techniques
- removal techniques
- concealing lividity
- counteracting skin slip
- facial fillers
- replacing eyelash, eyebrow, lips
- overview of prosthesis and head/face skeletal rebuilding
- quality workshop
Health and safety equipment is provided throughout.
Upon successful completion you will be presented with the BASC Post Mortem Specialist Diploma and a Specialist Diploma and CPD Certificate from the AAPT.
Next available course is available from our Training Diary. Additional Information and Booking Form is available upon request via our contact page.
|Training Opportunities...||Training Initiative
for Radiographers and